Adversity, beliefs, Bible, big mouth, Change, Christ, Christ Jesus, Christianity, Failure, Faith, Forgiveness, God, God's View Of You, Grace, HolySpirit, Hope, John 3:16, Lord, Mercy, messed up, Mind of Christ, mouth, my mouth, Religion and Spirituality, Responsibility, Salvation, Saved, screwed up, Sin, Son of God, The Mind of Christ
“You can never solve a problem on the level on which it was created.”
What you do with adversity will greatly affect how your life will turn out.
Adversity can be brought on by ignorance, evil, selfishness, bad judgement, or simply by circumstance. If the same adversity happens repeatedly in your life, the chances are great that you are the cause of your pain.
Psalm 119:67 ESV
Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I keep your word.
Chances are that the problems that plague you are because you keep repeating the same old habits, hoping for a different result. It may be that you are repeating them without even understanding that that is what you are doing. However it happened, here is hope:
You recognize that you are afflicted.
You know that you brought this on yourself.
You understand that something must change in order to get out of this destructive cycle. One of the earliest mistakes I make when I really reap what I sow is, over analyzing the past. The more you study your past, the more you will defeat yourself on the memories of all your failures. Look at your past if you can learn from it. But you have to come to terms with the fact that:
“You can never solve a problem on the level on which it was created.” – Einstein.
There is an old saying that goes something like this: “If you always do what you’ve always done, then you’ll always get what you have always got.” (Apologies to my English teacher.)
So, you may be asking yourself, “How do I change this mess?”
Here you go:
1. Let go of your past. You are a new creation (II Corinthians 5:17). The OLD you is DEAD. Let go of your old evil self. That person is dead. He or She dies the second you confessed with your mouth that Jesus Christ died of your sin and rose from the dead.. You cannot solve your problems by doing the same thing over and over again.
2. Do away with your old patterns of thinking. Change what you believe about yourself, and understand how God views you now that you are in Christ, and you have HIS MIND. (Bible Verses About Our Identity in Christ: God’s View of Us)
3. Take Responsibility for your every thought. God did not invent a bunch of brain dead, mind washed robots. He gave you the ability to think for yourself. But choose your thoughts wisely. Whatever you believe is true about yourself WILL be the life you create for yourself. We gained this autonomy from God Himself, BEFORE THE FALL, and His Gifts are without repentance. It IS written, For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he… Proverbs 23:7 KJV
4. Watch your mouth. This follows from #3 – The things you say are born in your heart. “A good man produces good out of the good storeroom of his heart. An evil man produces evil out of the evil storeroom, for his mouth speaks from the overflow of the heart. “ – Jesus – Luke 6:45 HCSB The best way to learn to do this is by thinking about what is good, right and pleasing to the Lord. It is written: Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. Philippians 4:8 NASB
5. Speak new truths about yourself. Your mind is your greatest enemy or your best asset. Speak what you believe. Speak it. When you do, you will discover if you believe it or not. If you don’t believe it, stop lying. Gain an understanding about how God sees you, and understand that He has not destined you for failure,. but success . When you speak it, feel it all the way into your bones, deep in your heart, see it in your mind’s eye. Know that it is true. Changing the pattern of what you believe about life, the world, others and yourself will dramatically change your life. We have the power of life and death in our tongues. Just be aware that the life you bless or curse is you own. You will affect the rest of the world according to what you believe is true about yourself. HERE is what the Bible says about SUCCESS.
When you change your view of yourself, by learning and believing what God says about you (Bible Verses About Our Identity in Christ: God’s View of Us), you will develop the mind of Christ, and THEN IF you do these things, you will know success.
Taking these steps takes discipline, and does not necessarily happen overnight. A great many successful people have built their successes on their heaping pile of failures.
God made you for a purpose. If you want to find that real, authentic you, that he purposefully created for this time, this life, this moment in history, step away from your old self, and see how God views you.
Then act on it.
“Let’s Be About It!”
I love you.
David G. Perkins